ISO 9001:2008 International Standard promotes the adoption of a process approach and PDCA cycle when developing, implementing and improving the effectiveness of a quality management system, to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
The methodology known as “Plan-Do-Check-Act” (PDCA) can be applied to all processes.
PDCA can be briefly described as follows.
- Plan: establish the objectives and processes necessary to deliver results in accordance with customer requirements and the organization’s policies.
- Do: implement the processes.
- Check: monitor and measure processes and product against policies, objectives and requirements for the product and report the results.
- Act: take actions to continually improve process performance.
A Quality improvement cycle based on the typical PDCA cycle model as shown below can be applied to the Project Quality Management System for continual improvement.
PDCA IN OH&S MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
* Plan : Assess risk, identify applicable regulations
* Do : Identify responsibility and accountability, training, communicate, control and prepare for emergencies.
* Check : Monitor, Record, Audit (Check, Examination, Review,Assessment)
* Act to improve
- 15/11/2013, insert management review from CHECK to ACT
- 27/11/2013, insert PDCA in OHS-MS
- 16/12/2013, prefer put the management review in CHECK rather than ACT
- 21/01/2014, general review
Related articles :
- Food Safety management ssystem (isocertificationias.wordpress.com)
- Be the first to receive ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (deurainfosec.com)
- How Long is “Continuous”? – On PDCA (nocrisis.net)