Picture 1 – Present Indonesia Deep Water Blocks Development (Courtesy of http://www.migas.esdm.go.id/)
Development plan (PoD I) of 4 fields in deep sea (deep water) have been approved by the Indonesia Government and became the mainstay of production in the future. Four fields have been approved by PoD I are given below:
- Jambu Aye Utara field,
- Gendalo and Gehem fields,
- Abadi field , and
- Jangkrik field in Muara Bakau block.
In addition to the IDD project, SKK Migas also already signed the PoD II for,
- Madura Strait offshore block.
Jambu Aye Utara Field, Krueng Mane Block
Jambu Aye Utara field is operated by Eni Krueng Mane Ltd.
PoD I of Jambu Aye Utara field was approved in 2012, and planned to be in on stream in 2014.
- POD I : 2012
- Water depth : 600 – 650 M.
- Gas Rate : 100 MMSCFD, plateau 3 years
- Estimated Re served : 500 BCF
- On Stream : 2014
The Madura Strait offshore block is operated by Husky Oil.
The MBH and MDA fields in the Madura Strait offshore block are expected to produce 120 mmscfd of natural gas all of which will supply gas needs in Java, Bali and Madura.
Investment in Madura project is calculated to be around $396.9 million.
Gendalo and Gehem Fields, Unitization of Ganal & Rapak Blocks
Picture 3 – Gendalo and Gehem Fields Development (Courtesy of http://www.migas.esdm.go.id/)
The output from both Gendalo and Gehem are expected to be on stream in 2018 and projected to reach 1.1 billion cubic feet per day [bcfd] of natural gas.
- POD I : 2008
- Water depth : 1000 – 2000 M
- Gas Rate : 120 – 600 MMSCFD
- Estimated Reserved : 7.5 TCF
- On Stream : 2013
Chevron’s IDD project consists of three main fields, comprising the Bangka, Gendalo and Gehem fields that require an estimated investment of US$7 billion in the project.
Abadi Field , Masela Block
Abadi field is developed by Inpex Masela Ltd., has estimated proven reserves of 6.05 TCF.
- POD I : 2010
- Water Depth : 300 – 1000 M
- Gas Rate : first stage 2.5 MTPA
- On Stream : 2018
- Estimated Reserved: 6.05 TCF
Inpex will build a floating LNG (FLNG) plant with a capacity of 2.5 million tonnes per annum (MTPA).
Facilities that require an investment of U.S. $ 5 billion, is expected to begin production in late 2016.
Jangkrik field in Muara Bakau block
Investment in the Jangkrik field is estimated to be around $1.4. billion.
According to SKKMigas data, the Jangkrik field is expected to produce 145.5 million metric standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd) of natural gas, which will be processed into liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the Bontang plant in East Kalimantan.
At least 40 percent of the LNG produced from the Jangkrik field will be allocated to supply domestic LNG needs.
Jangkrik field is developed by Italy-based ENI Indonesia , Eni Muara Bakau BV, is targeted to produce in 2015.
ENI has been operating in Indonesia since 2001. The company has 14 oil and gas working areas and operates 8 of the working area. Offshore activities are carried out by ENI located in the Tarakan and Kutai Basins, offshore Kalimantan, north of Sumatra and West Timor. In the Kutai Basin, ENI also participated in the development of the significant gas reserves located in the Ganal and Rapak blocks.
IDD – Indonesia Deep Water Development, The PSC is a joint venture arrangement between the government of Indonesia and the Contractor (Oil and gas Company).
PoD – plan of development
MTPA – million tonnes per annum, where 1 MTPA ~ 130 MMSCFD
References / read more :
- Empat Lapangan Laut Dalam Jadi Andalan Produksi Gas Masa Depan , 02 Jan 2014 , http://www.migas.esdm.go.id/berita-kemigasan/detail/3478/Empat-Lapangan-Laut-Dalam-Jadi-Andalan-Produksi-Gas-Masa-Depan
- Go-ahead for Chevron’s IDD project given by regulator , February 02 2013 , http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/02/02/go-ahead-chevron-s-idd-project-given-regulator.html
- Deep-Water Exploration & Development In Indonesia , http://www.subseauk.com/documents/presentations/deep%20water%20exploration%20&%20development%20in%20indonesia.pdf
- Indonesia Decommissioning, http://www.ccop.or.th/eppm/projects/40/docs/06_Indonesia_Decommisioning_v2003.pdf
- Gas Marketing and Commercialization, Sept 2012, Chevron , (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTU0OTE2fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1 )
- ENI Berminat Investasi Migas di Indonesia , http://www.migas.esdm.go.id/wap/?op=Berita&id=3141
- TARGET LIFTING MIGAS 2013 SEBESAR 2,3 JUTA BOEPD, http://djanuarto.blogspot.com/2012/05/target-lifting-migas-2013-sebesar-23.html