Writer would like to share about the EPCI project profiles have been completed, in the aims to share knowledge, as the following.
SISI and NUBI are two gas fields located on the East of Kalimantan (Indonesia) around 25 km offshore from the Mahakam river delta.
They cover areas of respectively 58 km2 and 78 km2.
The water depth is between 60 and 90 meters and the reservoir pay zones between 3800 meters and 1900 meters below mud line.
The two fields lie at the boundary between two permits, the main TOTAL Mahakam PSC and the TOTAL Tengah J.O.A. A unitisation of these permits was approved in 1997 by Pertamina leading to the current SISI NUBI unit.
SISI was discovered in 1986 and NUBI in 1992. Since then 19 exploration and delineation wells have been drilled, 48 DST have been performed and 21 PVT samples have been taken.
For each panel, two formations are targeted:
- the fresh Water Sands (FWS) at the top of the reservoir
- the SISI Main Zone (SMZ) at the bottom of the reservoir.
The reservoirs are composed of stacked thin bars and of channels.
Production will be performed using natural depletion. No water drive is expected.
The proposed development includes 67 wells, drilled from 9 wellhead platforms, 4 on SISI and 5 on NUBI. Construction will take place in 5 phases.
The Project covers the first phase described below:
Phase 1 consists of:
- 3 unmanned offshore platforms, with one manifold and wellhead (15 slots) platform (MWPS) located on SISI field, and one manifold and wellhead (9 slots) platform (MWPN) and one wellhead (9 slots) platform (WPN2) located on NUBI field,
- 1 production separation unmanned platform named SNPS located near existing TMP facilities in Mahakam area and its connection to the latter,
- A network a satellite pipelines (16” – 6,7 km) and interfield gas trunklines (22’-15,3 km) and one export gas pipeline (26” – 35 km) from offshore SISI field to TMP in Mahakam river delta area,
- The telecommunication and control systems for the entire SISI NUBI field, including integration works into existing producing CPU facilities,
- One rented accommodation barge located on NUBI field.
- One Modular Living Quarter located in swamp area, as an option of phase 1 development.
Client (COMPANY): Total E&P Indonesie (TEPI)
CONTRACTOR: PT. Nippon Steel & Sumikin Construction Indonesia (PT. NISCONI)
PT. Nippon Steel Construction Indonesia (PT NISCONI) was established on November 1st, 1972, with its head office in Jakarta, Indonesia as a joint venture company between Perusahan Pertambangan Minyak dan Gas Bumi Negara (PERTAMINA) and NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION, the world’s largest steel producer.
In the year 1982, PT. Elnusa joined the company as one of the major partners.
With effective of 1st October 2012, Nippon Steel Corporation is merged with Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd and formed a new organization “NIPPON STEEL & SUMITOMO METAL CORPORATION”. Subsequently, effective from 1st January 2013, the name of PT. Nippon Steel Construction Indonesia is changed to PT. Nippon Steel & Sumikin Construction Indonesia (PT NISCONI).
PT NISCONI offers a complete range of Onshore and Offshore Engineering, Procurement and Construction services. In particular PT NISCONI can carry out a wide variety of services ranging from Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Construction, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance Services for Onshore and Offshore Oil & Gas Industries, Pipelines, Oil/Gas Treating and Transfer Facilities, LPG/LNG Production and Storage Facilities and other Process and Manufacturing Industries.
Duration of Contract: 11/08/2005 – 01/08/2007
CONTRACTOR Scope of WORK Summary:
The scope of WORK to be performed by the CONTRACTOR under the CONTRACT includes full responsibility for all engineering, procurement (including material take-offs), supply, prefabrication, construction, hook-up, pre-commissioning, and assistance for commissioning for the MWPS, MWPN and WPN2 Platforms, as well as TCSS complete engineering, construction, FAT and IFAT and installation by the CONTRACTOR on all offshore and onshore sites. This includes all piping, pipeline sections on Platforms and supports up to the battery limit with COMPANY’S OTHER CONTRACTORS.
Sisi Nubi Phase 1 Project was finally completed on schedule, within the approved budget and with excellent safety records.
- SISI NUBI FIELDS DEVELOPMENT PROJECT – PHASE 1
- PECIKO FIELD DEVELOPMENT PROJECT – PHASE 5
- SOUTH MAHAKAM FIELD DEVELOPMENT PROJECT PHASE 1 &2