The following softwares are often used in EPCI project for oil and gas industry , as applicable , but is not limited to the following list. This introduction to softwares typically used in EPCI Project for oil and gas industry will be shared in three posts.
Project Progress and Project Control
The project schedule shall be prepared using the suitable software :
- Primavera software includes project management, collaboration and control capabilities and integrates with other enterprise software such as Oracle or SAP’s ERP systems.
- Microsoft Project is a project management software program, developed and sold by Microsoft, which is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.
- Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application developed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows
Project Document Control Center (DCC)
The suitable software, for project document control :
- Electronic Document Control System (EDCS) e.g. Documentum based software
- Microsoft Office (Access, Excell, Word)
All foreign data media such as disks, USB and software shall be scanned for viruses by all users before being released for use on the project. All computers connected to office network shall be scanned for viruses.
Read More : Softwares used in EPCI Project (2)