Indonesia plans to eliminate its dependence on the natural resources sector (SDA) slowly began to be realized, the Government declared in 2014 will further boost the manufacturing sector as one of the mainstays in the overseas export trade.
“If manufacturing is certainly that to be a star automotive, footwear, textiles were good” , said Trade Minister Gita Wirjawan in Jakarta, Sunday (10/27/2013).
In addition to the positive trend in the manufacturing sector, Minister Gita appreciate the development of the domestic ships industry that experienced a significant increase in exports.
The fields of oil and gas, mining , energy and plantation are still a prospect field that are run by many successful businessman (Indonesia Richest).
The profile of successful businessman in the fields of oil and gas, mining , energy and plantation are given as the following.
Eka Tjipta Widjaja
- Net Worth$7 B As of November 2013
- #2 Indonesia’s 50 Richest , #2 in 2012
- Source of Wealth: palm oil, self-made
- Eka Tjipta Widjaja (born in Coan Ciu, Fujian, Republic of China under the name Oei Ek Tjhong, October 3, 1923) is a businessman and the founder and controlling the Sinar Mas Group. He was the first richest Indonesian according to Globe Asia magazine edition in December 2012 with a fortune of 8.7 billion U.S. Dollars.
- Start selling biscuits as a teenager. Nowadays his Golden Agri-Resources , run by son Franky, is the world’s second-largest palm oil plantation company with planted area of 459,500 hectares. Eka Tjipta Widjaja and family’s Asia Pulp & Paper, long criticized for its role in deforestation, announced recently it would stop cutting down natural forests. Meanwhile, moneymaker Golden Agri-Resources, one of the world’s largest palm oil plantation companies, has lost some of its value as commodity prices have weakened.
- Net Worth$1.75 B As of November 2013
- Forbes Lists #16 Indonesia’s 50 Richest , #19 in 2012 , #931 Billionaires
- Source of Wealth: diversified, inherited and growing
- Murdaya Poo started out selling newspapers. More than a quarter-century later, his Central Cipta Murdaya has interests in IT, timber, consumer goods and engineering. Through his Central Cipta Murdaya, Poo continues to manage his diverse interests in timber, real estate, exhibition space, and plantations. He most recently entered the cellphone business, launching WIGO WiMAX.
Murdaya Poo’s wife , Siti Murdaya whose full name is Dra . Siti Hartati Murdaya Tjakra ( Chow li ing ) was born in Jakarta , 1946.
Started business of tools and generators of electricity under the flag of PT Kencana Sakti Indonesia .
In 1988, he took the Nike brand owners to work together to produce the Nike sport shoes in Indonesia , PT Aneka Shoes Industry Hardaya which he founded in District Jatiuwung – Tangerang.
In 1992, his business expanded into gas fuelled power plant projects in Tanjungpriok, Jakarta. His efforts to widen the field of property , timber , agro-industry , and electrical contractors . He also worked on the business and factory HP printer power cord .
In addition , he also opened the oil palm PT Hardaya Inti Plantations in an area of 70 thousand hectares in Buol – Central Sulawesi .
After forty years of running the business, he now has more than 42,000 employees in more than 36 companies under the banner of the Central Chakra Murdaya / Berca Group .
- Net Worth$1.9 B As of November 2013
- Forbes Lists #14 Indonesia’s 50 Richest , #17 in 2012 , #882 Billionaires
- Education: Bachelor of Arts / Science, Bandung Institute of Technology
- Theodore Rachmat’s Triputra Group’s holding in motorcycle dealer Daya Adicipta Mustika, plus a handful of other newly revealed private holdings in apparel, coal and plantations, helped offset the ongoing drop in the value of shares in coal producer Adaro Energy, which sank 30%. Rachmat took his palm oil producer, Dharma Satya Nusantara, public in June 2013. He started his career as a salesman for a heavy equipment maker. Fellow billionaire Edwin Soeryadjaya is his cousin.
- Net Worth$790 M As of November 2013
- Forbes Lists #37 Indonesia’s 50 Richest in 2013 , #1268 Billionaires in 2013
- While the value of Benny Subianto’s holdings in his private Triputra Group and coal company Adaro Energy both fell 30% or more in the past year, Subianto had better luck with his rubber producer Kirana Megatara. His fortune was also buffered by the discovery of other assets.
Adaro Energy Tbk. (Stock code on IDX: ADRO.JK) is an Indonesian company which is the fourth biggest coal producer in the world.
- Net Worth$680 M As of November 2013
- Forbes Lists #43 Indonesia’s 50 Richest , #26 in 2012 , #1175 Billionaires
- Source of Wealth: coal, self-made
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Beijing University
- Kiki Barki is no longer a billionaire as his fortune slid $400 million, as shares of his publicly listed coal producer Harum Energy stumbled 45% in the past year, even as it sold more tons of coal. The company says it has $470 million that it will use to acquire a coal mine somewhere in Kalimantan.
- Net Worth$420 M As of November 2013
- Forbes Lists #49 Indonesia’s 50 Richest , #22 in 2010
- Source of Wealth: oil, inherited and growing
- Born in Bandung, Jawa Barat, 14 March 1945;
- Education: Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Institute of Technology Bandung (graduated in 1973);
- Arifin Panigoro is founder of Medco Group, with interests in finance, coal and plantations. His brother Hilmi runs its flagship Medco Energi International.
PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk, sometimes known as MedcoEnergi (IDX: MEDC ). Medco Group is a group of Indonesian companies engaged in various sectors, namely energy, food, agribusiness, financial, manufacturing, hospitality, and property. The company started from a private contracting company in the field of drilling services onshore oil and gas (onshore drilling), Meta Epsi Pribumi Drilling Co, which was founded Arifin Panigoro on June 9, 1980.
Video : “MEDCO GROUP – History” (Courtesy of Medco Group)
References / read more :
- Indonesia ‘s 50 Richest 2013, Forbes Magazine.
- Arifin Panigoro (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arifin_Panigoro )
- Adaro Energy (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaro_Energy )
- Siti Hartati Murdaya (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siti_Hartati_Murdaya )
- 3 Bisnis Non Migas Jadi Bintang Ekspor 2013, Apa Saja? http://bisnis.liputan6.com/read/731020/3-bisnis-non-migas-jadi-bintang-ekspor-2013-apa-saja
- Eka Tjipta Widaja Jadi Orang Paling Kaya di Indonesia , http://id.berita.yahoo.com/eka-tjipta-widaja-jadi-orang-paling-kaya-di-110622901.html
- Medco Energi Internasional , http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medco_Energi_Internasional
- MEDCO GROUP – History , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R01ku9SalTA