The modern understanding of Wealth is the abundance of valuable resources or material possessions. This excludes the core meaning as held in the originating old English word weal, which is from an Indo-European word stem.
In this larger understanding of wealth, an individual, community, region or country that possesses an abundance of such possessions or resources to the benefit of the common good is known as wealthy.
The modern concept of wealth is of significance in all areas of economics, and clearly so for growth economics and development economics yet the meaning of wealth is context-dependent. At the most general level, economists may define wealth as “anything of value” that captures both the subjective nature of the idea and the idea that it is not a fixed or static concept. Various definitions and concepts of wealth have been asserted by various individuals and in different contexts.
Wealth in the United States is commonly measured in terms of net worth, which is the sum of all assets, including the market value of real estate, like a home, minus all liabilities.
Definition of wealth in English (Oxford Dictionaries) :
an abundance of valuable possessions or money:
he used his considerable wealth to buy a factory
Robert Toru Kiyosaki (born April 8, 1947) is an American investor, businessman, self-help author, motivational speaker, financial literacy activist, and financial commentator. Kiyosaki is well known for his Rich Dad Poor Dad series of motivational books and other material published under the Rich Dad brand. He has written over 15 books which have combined sales of over 26 million copies.
Kiyosaki often refers to The CASHFLOW Quadrant, a conceptual tool which he developed to categorize the four major ways income is earned. Depicted in a diagram, this concept entails four groupings, split with two crossed lines (one vertical and one horizontal). In each of the four groups there is a letter representing a way in which an individual may earn income. The letters are as follows.
- E: Employee – Working for someone else.
- S: Self-employed or Small business owner – Where a person owns his own job and is his own boss.
- B: Business owner – A person who owns a business to make money; typically where the owner’s physical presence is not required.
- I: Investor – Investing money in order to receive a larger income in the future.
Definition of wealth according to Robert T. Kiyosaki , how long a person can survive appropriate when they do not work.
The United Nations definition of inclusive wealth is a monetary measure which includes the sum of natural, human and physical assets.
Wealth – Working for Eating And Lots of any Things to be Happy?
Whether the definition of wealth do you think?
The wealth of the one percent richest people in the world amounts to $110 trillion. That’s 65 times the total wealth of the bottom half of the world’s population.
The bottom half of the world’s population owns the same as the richest 85 people in the world.
In the 21st century half the total wealth of the world’s population or approximately 3.5 billion people world population is not much more than the total capital of the world’s richest 85 people.
The total value of the wealth of world’s richest 85 of 1.7 trillion U.S. dollars. 3.5 billion people in the world’s wealth is also equivalent to that of the 85 people, as stated in the Oxfam report entitled “Working for the Few”.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett
“When you have money in hand,only you forget who are you .But when you do not have any money in your hand,the whole world forget who you are.It’s life.” – ― Bill Gates
References / read more :
- ‘Working for a few’ , http://www.oxfam.org/sites/www.oxfam.org/files/bp-working-for-few-political-capture-economic-inequality-200114-en.pdf
- ‘Working for the Few’: top new report on the links between politics and inequality , http://oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/working-for-the-few-top-new-report-on-the-links-between-politics-and-inequality/
- OOT: Kelompok Elite Kaya Mengacaukan Sistem , https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bencana/ZZ5Zi-5QgG4
- Kesenjangan Kelompok Elite Kaya Mengacaukan Sistem , Kompas, page 9, 21-jan-2014.
- Wealth , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth
- Wealth in the United States, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States
- Definition of wealth in English: wealth , http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/wealth
- Robert Kiyosaki , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kiyosaki
- Robert T. Kiyosaki > Quotes , http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/600.Robert_T_Kiyosaki
- Warren Buffett > Quotes , http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/756.Warren_Buffett
- Bill Gates > Quotes > Quotable Quote , http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/853220-when-you-have-money-in-hand-only-you-forget-who-are
Related links :
- Work First Then Results, Honesty and Hard Work is the key to success , https://ngsuyasa.wordpress.com/2013/09/26/work-first-then-results-honesty-and-hard-work-is-the-key-to-success/
- From a Simple Things into Extraordinary of World Richest People , https://ngsuyasa.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/from-a-simple-things-into-extraordinary-of-world-richest-people/
- Warren Buffett – The World’s Greatest Money Maker , https://ngsuyasa.wordpress.com/2013/12/04/warren-buffett-the-worlds-greatest-money-maker/
- BBC Documentary Steve Jobs “Think Different” , https://ngsuyasa.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/bbc-documentary-steve-jobs-think-different/
- Life is a blessing , https://ngsuyasa.wordpress.com/2014/01/23/life-is-a-blessing/