Biomass-fuelled power plants may be fuelled by waste from sugar cane, municipal solid waste, landfill methane, or other forms of biomass.
Operation of a Biogas-fuelled power plant or PLT Biogas in Belitung was inaugurated by the Director General of Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation – Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Rida Mulyana on Saturday, 11-Jan-2014 in Jangkang, East Belitung Regency, Bangka Belitung Province . Official commercial operations, PLT Biogas is the first private power plant connected with electricity distribution network the PT Perusahaan Listrik Negera (Persero).
In order to support macroeconomic policies and reduce fuel imports, need to speed up the improvement and expansion of the use of biofuels. (Permen ESDM. 25 Th. 2013)
Today the electrical potential of palm oil waste and other biomass by 49 gigawatts. Indonesia has vast oil palm land, among others in the Bangka Belitung Islands covering 141,897 hectares. Biogas utilization is for the welfare of society. Biogas power plant development is in order to increase the utilization of renewable energy, which is currently only about 5% of the total national energy distribution in Indonesia.
Biogas electricity production price?
Biogas electricity production price is cheaper than electricity from diesel power plant (solar – fossil fuel), which is Rp 975 per kWh versus Rp 3,175 per kWh.
Profile of Belitung biogas power plant :
- Location: Jangkang , East Belitung Regency, Bangka Belitung Province.
- Operated by PT Austindo Aufwind New Energy (AANE). AANE is subsidiary of PT Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk (ANJ). Now ANJ through its subsidiary, PT Sahabat Mewah dan Makmur, has oil palm plantations in the Bangka Belitung Islands with an area of 14,229 hectares of planted area and palm oil mill with a production capacity of 60 tons per hour..
- The first Independent Power Producer (IPP)
- The first private power plant connected with electricity distribution network the PT Perusahaan Listrik Negera (Persero).
- Fuel : palm oil waste gas and water processing residual oil palm (palm oil mill effluent)
- Built with a capacity of 1.2 megawatts.
- production target of 8.5 million kWh of electricity per year
- Able to supply power for 2500 homes, assuming an average connection number-one home per 450 VA
Bangka Belitung in the past was the famous tin mining island at the east coast of Sumatra. Hopefully the operation of this biogas-fuelled power plant will bring benefits in various sectors of life on this Bangka Belitung island, like a beautiful rainbow after the rain.
- “PLT Biogas Diresmikan di Belitung”, Bisnis Indonesia, Halaman 7, Senin, 13 Januari 2014
- “Biogas untuk Listrik – Pembangkit Listrik Berbahan baku Limbah Kelapa Sawit Beroperasi” , Kompas, Senin, 13 Januari 2014
- Permen ESDM No. 25 Th. 2013 tentang Bahan Bakar Nabati (BBN) atau biofuel: biodiesel, bioetanol, dan biogas (http://prokum.esdm.go.id/permen/2013/Permen%20ESDM%2025%202013.pdf )
Related Links :
- An Introduction to Natural Gas, LPG, LNG and CPG, https://ngsuyasa.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/an-introduction-to-natural-gas-lpg-lng-and-cpg/
- How to convert VA to kW (http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/electric/va-to-kw.htm )
- How to convert kilowatts to kilowatts-hour (http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/electric/kW_to_kWh.htm )
- Listrik Biogas – Pelangi Untuk 2500 Rumah di Belitung(https://ngsuyasa.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/listrik-biogas-pelangi-untuk-2500-rumah-di-belitung/)
Video Title : “Laskar Pelangi” – Producer: Mira Lesmana
Laskar Pelangi (English: The Rainbow Troops) is a 2008 Indonesian film adapted from the popular same titled novel by Andrea Hirata. The movie follows a group of 10 schoolboys and their two inspirational teachers as they struggle with poverty and develop hopes for the future in Gantong Village on the farming and tin mining island of Belitung off the east coast of Sumatra. The film is the highest grossing in Indonesian box office history and won a number of local and international awards. The film’s local and international success fueled a tourism boom on Belitung, with Indonesian airline Garuda reopening direct service from Jakarta to Tanjung Pandan, Belitung’s capital.
- “Laskar Pelangi”, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laskar_Pelangi
- Laskar Pelangi (2008) Full Movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbD0j_eBV8w )
The movie, set in the 1970s, opens on the first day of the year at a Muhammadiyah elementary school on Belitung. The school needs 10 students but is one short until near the end of the day, when a straggler fills out the ranks for their teachers, Muslimah and Harfan. Muslimah dubs the children “The Rainbow Troops” (sometimes translated as “The Rainbow Warriors”) and the movie traces their development and relationships with the teachers.
Return of Ikal adults ( Lukman Sardi ) to his hometown . He later recalled his childhood : the first day of the opening of the new class in elementary school Muhammadiyah be very stressful for the two teachers , Muslimah ( Cut Mini ) and Pak Harfan ( Ikranagara ) , and 9 students who wait at the school located in the village Gantong , Belitong . Because, if it does not reach the 10 students enrolled , the school will be closed . Harun ( Jeffry Yanuar ) to save them . To 10 students who would later be named Laskar Pelangi by Bu Muslimah . Five years together , Bu Mus , Mr. Harfan and to 10 students with a unique and merits of each , struggled to continue in school .
Among the many challenges the weight and pressure to surrender , Ikal ( Zulfanny ) , Lintang( Ferdian ) and Mahar ( Verrys Yamarno ) with talent and intelligence emerged as the driving spirit of their school . In the midst of an effort to maintain the school , they left one of the teachers for getting a more attractive offer . The most tragic is when Mr. Harfan , which became the “spirit ” of the school , died .
Finally Ikal adults met with Lintang ( Ario Bayu ) , who dropped out of school because his father died . Ikal need to explain the success of his dream , got a scholarship to the Paris school .