Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities (SKK Migas) is an institution established by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia under Presidential Regulation Number 9 of 2013 on Management of Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities. SKK Migas is assigned to manage the upstream oil and gas business activities under a Cooperation Contract. The establishment of this institution is purposed that the exploitation of the state’s oil and gas natural resources will be able to generate maximum benefits and revenue to the state for the greatest welfare of the people.
Million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD)
MMSCFD definition that was taken from A Dictionary by the University of North Carolina:
- MMscfd symbol for one million standard cubic feet per day, the customary unit for measuring the production and flow of natural gas. “Standard” means that the measurement is adjusted to standard temperature (60 °F or 15.6 °C) and pressure (1 atmosphere).
Million standard cubic feet per day is a unit of measurement for gases that is predominantly used in the United States.
It is frequently abbreviated MMSCFD, where “MM” means million.
MMSCFD stands for Million Standard Cubic Feet per day.
MMSCFD is commonly used as a measure of natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), compressed natural gas (CNG) and other gases that extracted, processed or transported in high quantities.
A related measure is Mega standard cubic metres per day (MSm3/d), which equals to 103 MMSm3/d used in many countries outside the United States.
One MMSCFD equals 1180 Sm3/h.
It is a molar flowrate unit for gas.
When converting to mass flowrate, the density of the gas should be used at Standard temperature and pressure.
Top 10 Gas Producers in Indonesia
Last year, according to the Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities Republic of Indonesia or Satuan Kerja Khusus Hulu Minyak dan Gas Bumi (SKK Migas) that the realization of Indonesia gas production was 8152.53 million cubic feet per day (mmscfd) as of January 27, 2013. Which most companies contribute?
The SKK Migas recorded the top 10 biggest gas producers in Indonesia as of January 27, 2013 as follows:
- PT Total E & P Indonesia is the largest contributor RI gas production. The company produces 1693.98 mmscfd of gas from the Mahakam block in East Kalimantan . That figure is about 20.8 % of the total national gas production.
- BP Berau is ranked two. BP Berau production levels reached 1,219 mmscfd , or about 15 % of the total national production.
- PT Pertamina ( Persero ) was ranked third , contributing approximately 12.9 % of the total national production or equivalent 1049.25 mmscfd .
- In fourth position is the ConocoPhillips Grissik. The company produces 1027.02 mmscfd of gas from the Koridor Block , South Sumatra . It’s equal to 12.6 % of total gas production in the country .
- ConocoPhillips Indonesia Ltd. is ranked as the fifth largest gas production in Indonesia. The company produces as many as 432.94 mmscfd of gas from South East Natuna Sea Block B.
- Followed by Vico Indonesia, which produces 380.94 mmscfd , then
- ExxonMobil Oil Indonesia 369.22 mmscfd .
- Ranked eighth occupied Kangean Energy that produces 294.99 mmscfd of Terang Sirasun Batur field .
- PetroChina Jabung 264.99 mmscfd which produces as much as there is in the 9th position .
- PT. PHE ONWJ (subsidiary of PT Pertamina) is the ranked tenth contributor with a production rate of 212.46 mmscfd.
- SKK Migas – Profile (http://www.skkmigas.go.id/en/tentang-kami/profil)
- A Dictionary of Units of Measurement © Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, (http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictM.html)
- Million standard cubic feet per day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMSCFD)
- MMSCFD – Molar Flowrate or Volumetric Flowrate?? (http://thing2think.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/mmscfd-molar-flowrate-or-volumetric-flowrate/)
- Ini 10 Produsen Gas Terbesar di Indonesia (http://bisnis.liputan6.com/read/505980/ini-10-produsen-gas-terbesar-di-indonesia)
- Statistics of Production (http://www.skkmigas.go.id/en/statistik/statistik-produksi)