Overview training for ISO 9001 commonly called ISO 9000. This quality assurance standard is the most successful standard used by millions of companies worldwide. It has been released and updated 4 times. ISO 9001:2008 is the latest version covered by this course and is the one applicable for ISO 9001 certification of quality management systems.
The ISO 9000 family of standards is related to quality management systems and designed to help organizations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to the product. The standards are published by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, and available through National standards bodies. ISO 9000 deals with the fundamentals of quality management systems, including the eight management principles on which the family of standards is based. ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that organizations wishing to meet the standard have to fulfill.
Third party certification bodies provide independent confirmation that organizations meet the requirements of ISO 9001. Over a million organizations worldwide are independently certified, making ISO 9001 one of the most widely used management tools in the world today. Despite widespread use, however, the ISO certification process has been criticized as being wasteful and not being useful for all organizations.
Picture Courtesy: http://www.iso.org/iso/home.html
ISO 9000/ISO 14000 section on ISO Web site:
ISO Management Systems magazine
IMS Alerts free electronic newsletter
video by: http://www.caliso9000.com
- Major Changes to ISO 9001 on the way for 2015 (antarisconsulting.wordpress.com)
- Manufacturing Processes That ISO 9001 Covers (9000world.wordpress.com)
- Assistant Manager | ISO 9001, ISO 13485 | Pune (software4jobs.wordpress.com)
- What is ISO 9001? (ngsuyasa.wordpress.com)
- What is ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management? (thewordbird1examples.wordpress.com)
- Is ISO 9001 a business management tool? (isotrainingqmii.wordpress.com)
- ISO 9000 Certification simplified (leccoworkshop.com)
- Some Reasons to Pursue ISO 9000 Certification (9000world.wordpress.com)
- Winning International Business with an ISO Certification (business2community.com)